Peer Recovery Coach Application Requirements
You must have a high school diploma or GED.
The training will provide you with in-depth knowledge and skills. However, in general the role involves the ability to:
- Model effective coping and self-help techniques.
- Work with individuals from diverse socio economic and cultural backgrounds.
- Attend workplace meetings and complete agency requirements.
- Assist people with finding community and natural supports and teaching them how to utilize these services.
- Advocate for someone’s needs and accompany them to meetings as needed.
- Work as a member of an interdisciplinary team focusing on each person’s choices for recovery.
- Communicate effectively both verbally and in writing.
- Adhere to confidentiality and understand protected health information.
- Maintain records and provide accurate documentation.
- Use computers ( i.e. Basic computer skills-email, web searches, word processing).
- Maintain n a part-time or full-time work schedule.
- Share your own personal story of living in recovery.
You must be 18 years of age to take Peer Recovery Coach training.
- When applications are open there will be a link above to click and apply for Peer Recovery Coach Training. For questions, please email us at IowaPeerSupportTraining@healthcare.uiowa.edu