FPSS Application Requirements
You must have a high school diploma or GED.
The training will provide you with in-depth knowledge and skills. However, in general the FPSS role involves the ability to:
- Model effective coping and self-help techniques
- Work with individuals from diverse socio economic and cultural backgrounds
- Attend workplace meetings and complete agency requirements
- Assist people with finding community and natural supports and teaching them how to utilize these services
- Advocate for someone’s needs and accompany them to meetings as needed
- Work as a member of an interdisciplinary team focusing on each persons need for recovery
- Communicate effectively both verbally and in writing
- Adhere to confidentiality and understand protected health information
- Maintain records and provide accurate documentation
- Use computers ( i.e. Basic computer skills-email, web searches, word processing)
You must be 21 years of age to take the training.
- To apply send an email request to: IowaPeerSupportTraining@healthcare.uiowa.edu
- You will receive an email response within 48 hours with a link to the online application.
- Applications will be screened as they are received. Training spaces are limited, so apply early.
- You will be asked to provide contact information for 2 references.
- Once your application is received, you may be contacted with information regarding a phone interview.
- After the screening interview, you will be notified about whether or not you will be accepted for training.